The first day of school means…
- Pop-Tarts for breakfast; this year’s flavor is cookies-n-cream.
- New outfits courtesy of Grandma.
- A backpack from a lost aunt.
- Never before worn light-up shoes and silver high-tops.
- Saying good-bye to summer with a heavy heart but an open mind.
- Pictures, pictures, and more pictures.
- Everyone congregating at the bus stop with nervous energy.
- Hugs and kisses from (and for) little brothers.
- Trusting others to guide and teach my family, like family.
- The calendar truth that the kids are growing up too fast.
- The impending arrival of Fall, which is the best season of all.
- Returning to a strict schedule regarding meals, naps, and bedtimes.
- Annual coffee date with fellow moms.
- A farewell to s’mores, sweet corn, and fireflies.
- Sharing two of my favorite people with the world. (Please treat them well!)
What does the first day of school mean to you? Let us know by leaving a comment or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.